Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 05:33 PM
Recco Obs?

has anyone noticed anything interesting in the recco obs? I know a vortex will be out soon, but I was curious if anyone has noticed anything interesting yet. I also am getting the impression the windfield is expanding outward. Is this the case?

Yes, I'll admit, I'm nervous, I am in palm harbor, (anyone have a good elevation map of florida or Pinellas county?) and I'm probably going to make my decision to evacuate tomorrow night. I've already contacted friends in Gainesville and Atlanta, and even if the storm misses you, it's a very good idea to have your plans set out.

If you choose to ride out the storm, for whatever reason you decide you want to, make sure you have plenty of water, bread and batteries. I have a roommate, and together we have about 10 gallons of water, plus another 3 in the freezer frozen. Enough dried and non heated food to last a week, a portable radio and a non cordless telephone (and batteries). Plenty of other things, this has probably spiraled off topic a bit, but anyone have any other critical ideas for weathering a week without power? (car is full of gas)

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center