dreamingtree
(Registered User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 06:58 PM
Re: My Take on Wilma

Yes, I am from Oldsmar, just north of the bay. We are prepared for a storm, but are not going to evacuate until we are told to do so. We know our zone, and it is zone B, which means cat 3 or greater we must leave. A cat 5 would flood us out totally, but its pretty doubtful this one will stay that strength. (hopefully) Thats the 1st step is knowing your zone. We really would hate to leave, but we dont want to be shrimp boat captains either! LOL Some people may chose to leave earlier, and I know many businesses are already making preparations to close if a tropical storm warning is issued. No one is getting boards yet though. Right now we are prepared to ride out the storm and are stocked up on batteries and flashlights and all that good stuff. If we are made to evacuate, true, that wont be much time at all, but there isnt a whole lot of choice. There are so many ways this storm could turn, its hard to figure out. Maybe with the experts opinions and amateurs opinions together we will come to some sort of conclusion soon. Every point counts!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center