Major Sharpe
(Registered User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 07:05 PM
Re: Wilma Continued

Quote:

Looks like the BAMM is going with the GFDL!

http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200524_model.html

This is my first post; I've been keeping up with you gurus over the past year, and have been extraordinarily impressed with the bulk of the discussion.

I'm based in Orlando; two hours ago, I believed (like some others) that this storm would continue to track northward and actually hit somewhere between Punta Gorda and Sarasota. The BAMM and GFDL models have given me pause in this previous line of thought. I know that many here believe that this is, perhaps, an aberration in the models, to be corrected in future models. The GFDL alone would have me agreeing. Subsequently, however, the BAMM came into semi-concurrence. Knowing the reliability of GFDL this season, I am seriously wondering if this might pan out, and thus spare Florida (or, at least, western Florida).

Sharpe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center