Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Oct 19 2005 10:15 PM
Re: Wilma Continued

Yes, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I would not be surprised at all if the next run of the GFDL shows the same solution.
Our local met, Denis Phillips on ABC News TB, seems to really be buying into this becoming a non-event for central Florida.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I have to admit that what was there yesterday is not there today, and Wilma may become another Mitch.
Not what we want to hear right now, but it's realistic...to a point. I still have a problem with a "mere" (LOL) 1650 mile difference in the models. We'll just have to wait and see what the next model runs brings us.
Another "wait and see" storm for Florida, which is not doing anything for my stomach's nerves.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center