Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Oct 20 2005 03:27 AM
Re: Wilma a Category 4 Hurricane Moving West Northwest

Does anyone happen to have a good link where loop satellite data is archived? I'm particularly interested in a looped animation of the eye movement from earlier today.

I'm trying to work up a unit for my Calculus class that works with Prolate Cycloids, which is the class of curve the path of the eye moved today. (Prolate cycloids are a special subclass of trochoids, as everyone has been mentioning on here) It's very rare to get your hands on a classic real-life problem like this (thank goodness!), and I want to preserve it somehow for use in mathematics academia.

If someone has a site or source, please PM me at your convenience.

In the meantime, they've moved all the local football games to Thursday night, so they're taking it seriously as far as that goes - plus the EOCs around are on alert status, monitoring and ready to go into motion. I'm glad to see it's not complete "snoozeville" with the planned southern path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center