AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Thu Oct 20 2005 02:22 PM
Re: Wilma

Wilma seems to have slowed a bit, but that's often hard to tell from watching a few satellite frames. The sharper NW turn that had been forecasted, and I honestly was expecting to happen, still hasn't occured. Looking at the WV loops I think Wilma makes it even a bit further west before she starts on a true NW heading. The 1st trough pushing through is a bit north than where I thought it would be, and it's still a bit out to the west. Even if Wilma slows down I think she continues a movement a little more west than north. In the short term I think this means she comes in contact with the Yucatan Peninsula further south than what the NHC is forecasting right now. For 36hrs from about 8am/18th to 8pm/19th she tracked just about twice as far west as she did north. Over the last 12hrs she's moved even further west than that.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center