lawgator
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Oct 20 2005 02:40 PM
Re: Wilma

Quote:

I agree,I think she is starting the more northern movement.Well,we have got another day to prepare because of the slow down,no excuses not to be prepared for this one.

Where is the northward movement? I am watching the GOES IR loop and she still looks 280-290 to me. In fact, if she maintained that course for another 36-48 hours, seems like the eye would barely get back out over water on the other side of the YP, if at all. I know the NHC predicts the start of a more NW, then N, movement, but so far I don't think it has materialized.

Its been interesting reading the posts on here as to what it means if the storm stays further west and therefore south of the forecast track once (and actually "if") the weakness and then trough picks it up. Those focusing on the westward component seem to conclude that it means that the storm will tend to the left side of the forecast track once it begins a run at Florida, therefore resulting in a course more north, i.e. Tampa. Those noting that the western course also means the storm would be further south than forecast once it gets picked up, means it would track on the right side of the cone, possibly the Keys area.

Who is right?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center