funky
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Oct 20 2005 07:05 PM
Re: Moving NNW?

i have to say, that trough (the tail part to the south) sure doesn't look like its gonna pick up wilma any time soon. although we are seeing the ridge breakup a bit on the northeast side of florida (check out the wv loop http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/trop_ge_wv_ls_0.html). notice then on the vis loop cirrus shield being ripped upwards towards the area i just mentioned.

being in sarasota, i am starting to worry again. will be keeping a very close eye on this thing in the next 24 hours. this is critical --> the speed of wilma needs to slow down here this evening. if not, my area could be in for hurricane force winds....

Quote:

Quote:

It is way to early to tell if this is a trend or just a wobble. I don't think will no anything till tomorrow afternoon or friday night.

Understood, but I am dealing in a hypothetical here.

IF it does move more N than forecast, then would it make sense that it makes it further N than forecast because it gets in the Gulf before the steering currents are there to take it East.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center