Lance Wilson
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Oct 20 2005 07:43 PM
Re: Wilma Moving Northwest

Quote:

Long time lurker here, but just a simple question. I seem to remember during last years storm season and some of the previous storms this year, that an appearance of elongation in one direction or another was a precursor of a change in general movement in that direction. I was just watchhing CNN and looking at the IR images in the background and see what I think is N-S elongation of the overall image. I could be seeing things, but if this is the case, could this be the beginning of the long awaited change in movement to the NW and North?

Thanks in advance

Exactly. It has started NW now, possibly NNW. Some METs from Ruskin are calling for it to miss the Yucatan all together, but that remains to be seen.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center