Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 20 2005 10:10 PM
Re: Wilma Moving Northwest

Having just gone through this with Rita my advice is have a PLAN in place as soon as your area is in the cone. Just know where
you will go, have the car gassed up, and all of your supplies ready. I knew Rita would impact Texas from early on
(thanks to HankFrank) although I thought it would be
around Galveston. On Wednesday it was Matagorda Bay but by 1:00 in the morning on Thursday it was Galveston. On Thursday
morning it was Crystal Beach and a mandatory evacuation was ordered (we were already
under a voluntary evacuation from Wednesday). By Thursday evening they were saying Port Arthur/Beaumont
and then on Friday the TX/La border ( we are not that far from the border). The storm came in east of Sabine Pass, TX in Creole, LA.
Rita's eyewall battered Beaumont. So, I guess my point is have your PLAN way ahead of time and you can always cancel
reservations,etc. if the storm goes somewhere else.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center