engicedave
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Oct 21 2005 01:16 AM
Re: Weather

I tend to agree with Danielw

While I think the general consensus tracking is most likely accurate, which means a direct run over my home, I only question the timeline, which seems conservative.

In watching all of this, I think it may only brush the Yucatan and get picked up, even if ever so slightly, and begin making its way eastward.

I think the size, intensity, speed to intensity, radical pressure changes and a few other factors have kind of put the timing question in the models in a bit of chaos. There is no previous input of a storm like this, so it is difficult for the models to calculate...never seen it before...never done it before.

By no means do I consider myself an expert, just a lot of observation

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center