nandav
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Oct 21 2005 02:14 AM
Re: Wilma Moving Northwest

I know.. you just have to use your best judgement. I am in North Port, FL in south Sarasota County (just north of Charlotte County line).. I know that we are far enough inland that storm surge won't affect us.. we are not in a flood zone and that our house is 3 years old and meets post-Andrew standards..AND it weathered "Charley" with no problems (but it also didn't have the eye go over it...unlike the house we WERE living in then). Based on all of that, we made sure we have water, canned food, generator, flashlights, batteries, plywood, propane, etc.. and we have no plans to evacuate. My biggest concern is power outage.. since such a large area was without power after Charley, even areas with very little other damage. BUT, if we were closer to the coast, it would be so hard to know what to do..... We would be making some contingency plans and we WOULD evacuate .. but pay attention to all of the information we can get. The waiting and watching can drive you crazy......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center