danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Fri Oct 21 2005 11:03 AM
Re: not confident

Jam, There is a chance that Wilma might speed up. But I think it's a very small chance at this hour.

There is a trough-like feature moving into the NW GOM right now. Earlier Forecasts said that this trough would Not be strong enough to help in moving Wilma. We have to go with that Forecast...as they haven't changed it.

Pay close attention to the Weather Service and Local Emergency Management Officials. They will tell you what to do and when to do it.
If you feel like things are changing and you can't get enough local info. Then i would suggest you travel North a ways and try the Info there.

I hate to send someone on an unnecessary trip. But it's the safe route right now.

The 'trough' is currently between the TX Coast and the NW portion of Wilma's Outflow south of Louisiana.
If anything is going to change we should know something by Noon or early afternoon. I'm not seeing a lot of amplitude in this trough. The Weather Service was indicating the possibility of a third trough moving in before anything changed drastically.
Back to more waiting for the Call.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center