Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Oct 21 2005 06:24 PM
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula

If Wilma does not make an extensive westerly move over land, there will more than likely be some weakening, but not as much as if it was going to cross like they previously thought. Wilma has definitely going on a more NW/NNW path for the past several hours. IF she does not go over the tip of the Yucatan, you can throw that model right out the window. I think those models are based on information put in several hours prior to being spit out.
We have one choice at this point: to just watch and see what Wilma does as she moves towards Cancun. Right now, I'm leaning towards her maybe just brushing the coast near Cancun because of the more northerly component we have seen in the last several hours. Just as it looks like she is going more west, it seems to correct itself and head more nw/nnw. That's the best news Cancun good get.

To the poster who said TWC no longer has Tampa in the cone, that is not correct. I would look at the NHC's cone, not the TWC's.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center