Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Oct 21 2005 09:20 PM
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula

Quote:

What are you saying-things are bad for Florida or good? Please give me your view. Have watched your post for a year now and worried about your brother with Katrina.

I justr don't understand what you said. I live in St Petersburg and am ready, but my parents will not let me get them ready.

Dawn I was just saying she is moving slowly, not stalled. According to NHC's forecast they just put out not 15 minutes ago, they think she'll continue to move slowly. And sometime before November, Wilma will emerge into the GOM. According to NHC, in about 36 hours, in spite of the fact that some of the models still have her emerging slower than that. So that will be early Sunday morning.

So the Sunday 11am forecast would be the best time to check and see when and where Wilma will hit FL, and in the meantime, make preparations for the eventuality she will hit where you live.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center