Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 22 2005 12:37 AM
Re: Looks like a stall

I'm with you, Hugh. They keep showing that this storm is going to go over the Yucatan Peninsula and weaken rapidly...at this point, IMHO, it would have to make a hard left turn to do that...and I don't see that coming. I haven't seen it all day. I even asked hubby to look and he said "NO WAY...it AIN'T going to happen".
I feel so very sorry for the people in Mexico that are being affected by this storm...the conditions must be absolutely hellacious. We spent 10 days in Cancun this past April, and if the hotels are getting hit so badly, I can only imagine what the conditions are for those who live in Playa Del Carmen. My prayers are certainly with them...
I heard earlier that Max Mayfield said that it's moving more "west" than "north"...I don't see that at all. Am I missing something?
I still think Florida's in for a surprise this coming weekend.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center