DeLandT
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 01:23 AM
Re: Looks like a stall *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard*

I agree and disagree. Tampa is a central location as easily to plot. I spent the last 4 years on the east coast and basically I felt the same way... I lived in New Smyrna Beach for the first two years and then the last two years where spent in Deland. I purchased a home in Deland and never thought a storm would make a direct impact. Charlie proved us wrong....... Then every storm that hit florida seemed to hover overhead and take out anything that was left standing. People are scared and there are some here that have never been in this situation that like to voice their opinions and make people jump.... or react badly. This is the reality of the internet.....
Here is the reality of the storm....
It may or may not hit Tampa. It may or may not hit Sarasota. It may or may not hit Punta Gorda......
It is too early too tell and all we can do is make predictions, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it is your job to decifier whom you choose to beleive.... If you feel you and your family may be in danger, then leave. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise, If you feel you want to wait, do so but if someone offers you a ride out of the cone, take it....
I am an IT Director and my job is to ensure that our data is offsite and safe in situations like this. Many times that means telling my family to go and I will catch up with them later, sometimes they think I am crying wolf. There is no crying wolf when a hurricane is approaching.....
Amazingly all of the ideas that were thrown around months ago that cost money seem like a good deal.
Why take a chance with your life ..? This storm may weaken and then she may pick back up. I am not going to put my family in a situation where we try out the new florida building codes. I want them out of the area altogether safe and sound. We can rebuild our house, we cannot rebuild our home with the loss of life.....
BTW I live in Sarasota now......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center