GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Oct 22 2005 01:41 AM
Re: Wilma Crosses over Cozumel

We are hearing in our area that the storm will be a lesser category when it hits Florida but that the Category system will be misleading because of possible interaction with the cold front creating more tornados and more storm damage than the apparent typical category one storm would cause. I am reminded also that when there are no particular conditions guiding or forcing the storm along, it will move poleward due to gravitational influences and physics, I think more of it as being like a compass trying to always point north no matter which way the compass is pointed. If we think about that the only other hold up is the unknown amount of time it will take to move to its next point of impact after it leaves the Yucatan peninsula. I know I read that the schools in Polk County will be closed Monday,. Hopefully it will serve as a gasoline saving measure even if the weather conditions do not warrant the closure. As usual in the tropics, the weather is more interesting than anything on Television. One other point of note, I do not see any one putting away Halloween decorations., If the word does not get out that it is not over for Florida yet, we are going to have many, many headless horsemen, flying pumpkins, and gremlins than anyone ever thought.,

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center