jjj
(Registered User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 03:18 AM
Re: Wilma Crosses over Cozumel

I believe the TWC has been a joke all afternoon. They better get their people out of Key West and head north if they want a story. The new strike probabilities for Cedar Key are as great as that of Key West. Dr. Steve Lyons at 4:00 PM had this storm over the peninsula of Mexico for an amazing 36 hours and all but reaching south Florida as a cat 1 at best. This storm will be in the GOM before noon tomorrow and headed in the direction of Sarasota/Tampa if not further North as a cat 2 or 3. I am not a met (most of them have been clueless also) but I am a 47 year native of Florida and a long time mariner. I was raised reading a radar and know that this spinner will defy the odds. Charley was Tampa's storm 24 hours out and ended up in Punta Gorda. Rita was headed into Houston and ended up on the East Texas border. Wilma will keep the "experts" guessing all the way to the end. And when it is over, and she goes everywhere but where they had thought, the Monday morning quarterbacking will begin.....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center