danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 22 2005 05:19 AM
StormCarib Update

Latest UPDATE (11:35PM CST)
From: "Kevin Alexander Murcko" <cancunkev at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:39:25 -0600

After talking to several people here in Cancun via the net I have some new information.

It seems the worst of the storm will be here from 3 to 5AM local time when we can expect to see waves up to 8 meters high hitting the shoreline. Several hotels have been reported to be severally damaged, and the Lagoon is now meeting the ocean in various parts of the hotel zone.

I have been asked to record the sounds from inside the apartment, and I am trying to do that now. I will see if I can post something soon.

Thanks once again to everyone for your emails, thoughts, prayers, etc., they are very welcomed.

More to come....

http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/2005/mexico.shtml

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center