TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 04:11 PM
Re: NHC 11 am Discussion

Quote:

Tina - I'm a Tampa resident also, and I happen to agree with you. We are ready to implement our plan... if necessary. Remember Charlie? It missed us at the last minute. That could happen again, but in the opposite direction. Bottom line - we don't know until we know - and that's not until after it's come and gone! Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst...

Hi TampaSu...Yea, I think alot of us Tampa residents who follow these things and don't poo-poo our chances of a hit are thinking the same thing. We had three trees go down last year...and it didn't take hurricane force winds to do it. Heck, we've lost tree limbs in one of our typical summer thunderstorms! Sure we won't suffer complete destruction like with a Katrina, but those tornadoes can be scarier than a hurricane any day. I'm praying!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center