chase 22
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Oct 22 2005 10:44 PM
Re: NHC Press Conference

Quote:

Also people, lets not forget that Wilma will be interacting with a cold front, which will increase the threat of tornados north of the actual landfall.

Actually the cold front will help stabilize the atmosphere North of Wilma thus creating a less friendly environment for tornados. I know it's strnge, but when is weather not strange...

As for Pinellas County...I would prepare for a hurricane, but expect tropical storm conditions with a few gust close to (if not at) hurricane strength. REMEMBER! Tampa is not out of the cone nor is Orlando. There is still a fair chance that Wilma could pull more Northward and that would change everything.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find out anything about Pinellas County Schools on Monday. Does anybody know whether school is open or not?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center