nowhammies
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 11:10 PM
Re: VIPIR

Where does Vipir get its information? It was the VIPIR system last year that made me stop watching one of our local channels here in Orlando. the local metkept talking about the VIPIR track as if it was the only thinkg that had any validity - for Jeanne I think - He kept repeating that VIPIR took it north along the east coast ad out of our area. I think it was new to the station at that point ans it was very much like watching a kid with a new toy. When we turned to the station that they used at the time for just broadcasting the local weather - all it was showing over and over was the VIPIR track.

I think that for the most part all of thesse tools are a good thing, but in that case it gave out a lot of misinformation.

I also had a question - all of this talk of Tornadic activity - and reading the message that looked like some mort of weather breifing discussing it- should we expect to see this activity in advance of the storm or with it or possibly behind it. I know that no one can guarantee that information, but decisions need to be made in a lot of small local churches about whether it is safe to have people coming out or if the tornado risk is too high? I know thatthe storm weather should be no issue for toorrow, but I am unsure about this other factor

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center