funky
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 03:33 AM
Re: Tampa

Quote:

The good news in all of this, if you can consider it good news is that the storm will appears to enter SW FL at 7 AM and be off the East Florida Cost at 11 AM. Talk about your quickie !!!

yeah i think people are going to be quite surprised how fast this thing hits them. i think they will be shocked in the morning when they find out that some nasty squalls are passing overhead them already. don't know if i'm gonna get some sleep tonight, watching this NE turn happening. looks good so far! but that northern convection does NOT look good. lets hope for us up near Sarasota that the forward motion will dampen some of these winds!

edit: i am not liking the looks of how these waves of energy are coming off of wilma right now.

take a look: http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/RSOgeir3.html

the eastern side of fla. is really flaring up off this stuff, but you can clearly discern a waves of energy aligned from 260 deg. to about 80 deg. currently from about ft. myers to port st. lucie, and slowing drifting north.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center