MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Oct 23 2005 03:47 AM
Re: A silly question that I should aready know the answer to

Quote:

i think that is quite silly at this moment, since it is only just come off the yucatan and is moving very slowly. but everyone gets to call it right?

Actually, it's pretty solid. And the main reason why is the watches and warnings set like they are. The Hurricane warnings are done pretty well, and officially that means the more than the cone. Tampa most likely won't get hurricane Force winds. They may get tropical storm force winds. It would have been if they said that and the warnings were up for that area. But as it is, that is a solid and reasonable statement.

Apologies also for all the removed posts and drama on this site lately. Talking about the storm and tts affects is the purpose, not other posters. Some posts that have broken rules have gotten through, mainly because not everyone can be here 24/7, especially myself. But myself, Ed, John, Christine, Danny, Reddington, TPratch, and Hank as well as Clark (whos unfortunately not here this week) are watching when we can.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center