Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Oct 23 2005 04:55 AM
Re: Movement

All the mets here in Tampa are stating that they believe that the point of landrfall will more likely to be further north (in Ft. Myers) than what the current forecast is showing. They are basing this opinion on the last 24 hours of modell runs from the GFS and the GFDL. I believe that I read earlier on that the 11pm forecast track was shifted a tad north.
In Polk County, we are now under a TS Wind Warning. I think this is because the cold front and Hurricane Wilma will be clashing with eatch other. Of course, it will be much worse on the beaches....I sincerely hope that those in the direct path of this storm will not see devastating effects.
Colleen

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center