HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 06:42 PM
posting rules

this forum is meant for discussion of the hurricane's track and forecast, as well as critical information about impacts and real emergency-type info. you can use this forum to make forecasts if you explain your reasoning or support your ideas with evidence... otherwise it goes in the forecast lounge. comments about the official hurricane statements, discussion about what's going on with the hurricane, reports about local storm impacts, and the like are perfectly OK here. if the post you're making is one line of superfluous information or not relevant or just chat-room banter, it doesn't belong here. i.e. everybody expects that the schools are going to be shut down on the peninsula tomorrow.. it's just depressing at seeing how slow and boneheaded local government can be somtimes. comments that can be reduced to 'what?' or 'you think?' or 'i agree' aren't necessary. no amount of smiley faces make them interesting. alarmist posts like 'it's going to cat 5' or 'we're all going to die!!!' aren't welcome either.
the site is built so that you can go to other forums for other discussion, or use PM to talk to individuals if what you're saying isn't directed at an individual (uncalled-for snide remarks about other people who post here aren't going to last on the main board either). when there's lots of traffic, i.e. we have a hurricane event, lots of folks unfamiliar with the board rules tend to clutter the main forum up with non-relevant discussion. please read the forum rules before posting so that you can keep your comments on topic. it makes the forum run and read better, and keeps the mods from being busy editing all the time.
'nuff of that. enjoy the forum.
HF 1843z23october

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center