damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Oct 23 2005 02:43 PM
Re: Here it comes!

Actually the current track is just south of Naples. It has been in that general area for about a week. The NHC's paths never pin pointed any city above Ft. Myers; it was always Ft. Myers or south. The models, like the GFDL and GFS had Wilma going through Sarasota a few times, but the projected path was never Sarasota or Tampa. The guy may be talking about posters who read atmospheric conditions, the troughs, etc... and offered their opinions about the track MAYBE being shifted north near the Sarasota/Tampa area. That being said, the posters from those two areas lashed out (including me) at those who offered their own predictions about landfall. Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with that...that is what this is for and because of the tense situation, people (again, like me) didn't like seeing their city being mentioned all the time. No harm done though...people just have to accept the fact that opinions are just that - opinions and until the NHC or your local authorities tell you to worry, you should remain calm. A few posters on here reminded me of that and i understand now and apologize for any lashing out i did.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center