Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:12 AM
Re: Updated

What I saw happening and posted about this morning & last night has just started. Timing worked out to be very good for increase in intensity, with the exception the eyewall is still quite large. The 2245Z wv sat image shows she finally got the core tog. Since T12 has started quoting himself maybe I'll try to dig up my post from last night and do the same.

Now expect some strengthening, for some hours will be rapid strengthening, until about 1-2am.

One of the things that has helped her a lot the past 4-5 hours is the feeder band she developed from the Caribbean, where the air is much less dry than the GOM.

Here it is, from noonish...part of my earlier post:

"Looks like some quick intensification starting tonight, if she continues to slowly organize. Again timing of how far along she is in the reorg process when she hits the loop current will determine this to a large extent, even with the other things that factor into intensity."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center