Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Oct 24 2005 03:14 AM
Re: 114 Knots at Flight Level!

I am glad you are feeling better. While that information about the tornadoes can scare you, the meteorologists on CNN, MSNBC and FNC can freak you out even more because it's ANOTHER BIG HURRICANE STORY!! AGH! I know you said you didn't have cable (consider that a blessing in itself! ) but if you have a radio, tune into WFLA and let Steve Jerve calmly get you through the storm. He has got to be the most calm, down to earth guy I've heard on TV...and he and Jennifer Hill make a great team.
It's amazing how our adrenaline kicks in when needed, isn't it? Now, who's gonna watch the kids tomorrow when we fall asleep on our feet?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center