Lake Toho - Kissimmee
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 24 2005 05:32 AM
Re: Key West

It appears to be a tad north of the forecast points, at least on Satellite. I do not usually look at the radar because slight changes are usually not apparent as they are with Satellite. Also I can easily see the forcast points and compare this against its location. Since at this speed you can essentially extrapolate the location of the hurricane, I took a look at the latest model output with the extrapolation and it appears it is also showing a little more northerly landfall than NHC has. Again this is an extrapolation, but when storm moves as quickly as this, there usually are not many wobbles. However, the slightest move north or east will be significant for some areas that are on the cusp of hurricane force/tropical force winds.

Not sure I am making sense as its been a long day..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center