RedingtonBeachGuy
(Moderator)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:16 AM
Yikes!

Lightening woke me up, I walk outside to take a hard look, and almost walk into a tornado. I never saw it, not sure one was even there, but winds went from like 20 mph to 70 mph in seconds and was gone in 2 minutes or so. At a minimum, a downburst. Scary stuff when you can't see what's coming.

I have to say the Orlando TV stations are HORRIBLE! They are showing automobile commercials after attorney commercials after diet pill commercials instead of having community awareness to keep people informed in the general area of potential tornadic activity. Channel 13 is trying but they are covering everything in a 100 mile corridor which dilutes the coverage for the immediate Orlando area. Errr....

Hope everyone is safe!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center