Bookworm
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:17 PM
Re: Wilma Nearing Landfall

Here in New Port Richey, some of my neighbors actually took out the trash last night, even though the county is pretty much shut-down for today. The cans are rolling up and down the street, and there's trash everywhere. Not too bad here, thankfully- just some rain and occasional wind gusts <25 mph I would guess, and I'm assuming this is the worst it will get.

On a side note, I'm watching CNN and wondering why on earth these reporters are risking their lives, and the lives of their camera crews, standing outside in the worst of the storm, struggling against the wind and rain. We know it's bad, and our thoughts are with the people in the affected areas. They don't need to prove how unsafe it is, do they?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center