Convergence
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Oct 25 2005 08:50 PM
Re: latest TWO

Does anyone else get irritated when the media (and therefore everyone who doesn't know better) immediately cries GLOBAL WARMING after any kind of anomalous climate event occurs? It's far too early to know whether global warming is actually have an effect on hurricanes, especially when we have a known cycle that explains the recent activity? I'm in no way downplaying global warming- I just want to avoid wanton conclusions.

Three Cat 5s in a season? GLOBAL WARMING! 13 inches of rain in Rhode Island? GLOBAL WARMING! Can't find your car keys? GLOBAL WARMING!

Err... anyway... I contacted my aunt in Miami yesterday and she said it was pretty bad. She would have taken some significant damage if she hadn't put up her shutters. The worst thing is she lost her giant avocado tree

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center