KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Oct 25 2005 09:30 PM
Re: Hurricane Wilma Damage in South Florida

Good evening from Naples! Our power was restored last night, probably because we are on the same line as the high schol that was the special needs shelter for Collier County. Cable modem came back today. Most of Collier County is still without power, but FPL is working on it. Traffic is difficult - many of the traffic lights are just plain gone. Most drivers are following the rules, a first for Naples. We had trees down and some damage to the lanai cage, so we were very fortunate. A couple of my co-workers lost their roofs. The back side of the storm was wicked. I didn't think the wind would ever stop, but it did.

Thanks for all of your info early Monday morning. I stayed with it until we lost power.

Karen

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center