Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Oct 28 2005 11:15 AM
Re: Beta...

I can't believe I got up tihs early without the alarm.

Things looking a little different this morning, as far as future track. An alternative to the west turn into Nicaragua now seems like a reasonably possible outcome. However what I'm seeing is more like the situation that Wilma was in, and not a turn to the NE, but more like brushing Nicaragua/Honduras, and heading generally towards Cancun.

And what was really striking was looking at the wave train on the Western ATL and Carib sat. Still so much energy going into the Caribbean!

As to why Wilma's forecast increase in intensity didn't happen, it has been shear. It started to look like that last night, with the eye open to the northeastern side, and looking at the current vis sat loop this morning is very apparent her structure has been getting really sheared away from the ENE all night long.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center