Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 29 2005 04:46 AM
Re: Beta Moves West

Please tell me what I am missing, because it seems to me the NW dir it has gone in the last five hours (0.3N 0.3W change in dir) is only indicative of steering because of the features to Beta's NE, not anything to do with a ridge of high pressure in the GOM that hasn't built yet, that will force the turn to the west. So final concensus on whether Beta turns is not clear yet. The only thing that is clear is that some NW movement is going to occur. Also if Beta gets the opportunity to strengthen, before the ridge gets in place, won't there be more of a tendency to move more NNW or NW, not to the west.

Also...wish that the questions I'd asked about the upper level low moving into the W ATL / Carib had been moved to this new thread, as it seems it is already starting to have a big impact on the upper level wind flow of the air around that strong high in the ATL, and I'd like to hear more feedback about what it could affect in the Caribbean.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center