Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Nov 23 2005 12:05 AM
Re: Delta... why not?

Looking at the latest imagry on delta, what is catching my attention the most is how the storm is now operating in isolation, there doesn't seem to be any attached fronts. I would argue the storm is more tropical in nature than sub tropical at this point, but it's still got a big windfield, Seeing some rain flagged 50Kt winds near the center. hmmmm, Personally I'd have classified, it, but they'll probably wait until an eyelike feature develops (which seems to be happening).

for an example of a similar storm. Olga in 2001 comes to mind. the cloud tempratures never got really cold, in fact I think the current invest has tempratures as cold as olga ever had, even when it had a well defined eye.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/2001olga.html

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center