WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Tue Mar 27 2007 01:51 PM
Re: Hope to back this year!

Quote:

Hey Shawn, glad to see you back here. I was in your area not too long ago and have to echo your sentiments. It was heartwarming to see everyone trying to come back and I hope that if there is a next time that things will turn out differently. Contrast that to the northeast side of New Orleans itself, just southwest of the I-10/I-510 interchange, which looks like an absolute ghost town. That was the most depressing of all.

If La Nina develops into the upcoming season, there might be a slight proclivity for storms to affect the southeast and mid-Atlantic coastlines moreso than the Gulf, but that's no slam dunk. We're in a pattern in the extreme eastern Atlantic that favors less Cape Verde storms (due to the dust), keeping more systems a threat closer to the populated areas of the basin. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, but for the sake of everyone along the coastline, Gulf and Atlantic, I hope things stay out to sea.

What's up bud!!! Did you go pay Jess and Travis a visit? Yeah the area around there (New Orleans East) and the Lower 9th Ward for sure are basically empty. Most of the people can't afford to re-build although a few have come back. At least here it seems as though people want to come back. How have you been?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center