dem05
(User)
Sat May 05 2007 01:29 AM
Re: The 2007 Season

On the six month hurricane and water temperature forecasts. I am not as concerned about the strength of the LaNina as I am concerned with the fact that there is NOT an ElNino (I refernce 2004 and 2005 just two examples). With respect to the water temperatures, I am MORE concerned that the Atlantic will be cooling and will not be as warm asthe Carribean later in the season. That means that more waves will have a chance to sneak past the Atlanticportionof the MDR instead of developing early and heading out to sea. In the mean time, if you revisit the forecast map, the temps in the Carribean and extreme southern GOMEX will be staying above average throughout the season. Of course, if this happens the math looks like this: More waves entering the Carribean, more waves/systems taking advantage of warmer temps closer to home, and even if the total season numbers are lower than forecast, we're gonna see more landfalls with this scenario.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center