cieldumort
(Moderator)
Sat May 05 2007 01:48 AM
Re: coastal cutoff low

I was going to say something about that if no one else posted. Noticed that myself. Although, it looks like GFS is backing off a bit now, and building the ridge out over the waters a lot more. Still, I would place a small wager that if at least the <1000 mb surface low verifies, with as many tightly-packed isobars look to be in there, and waters at least marginal for some hybridization, we could at least see something that gets invest tagged rather quickly, if nothing else.

In the LJ community I moderate, I recently opined in one of our polls that I think this year we will see a system form the first half of May. Despite the relatively cool SSTs, I see a lot more favorables going on at this time than at the same time last year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center