Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue May 08 2007 02:52 AM
Re: gale 90L

The one on Panama City Beach, i was out there just right after it started to flare up... Talk about some flames... 50ft high... it was a sight. And that North, DRY wind was fuel for trouble! I just saw that the latest SAT Dvorak number.. still holding at 2.5

07/2345 UTC 30.9N 74.7W ST2.5/2.5 90L -- Atlantic Ocean

I am curious what this low will do when it gets closer to the coast/gulf stream.. Wonder if there will be any storms flare up on the west side... There is so much dry air there, its amazing its appears to me that it might be getting better looking on sats. Haven't seen any invest on it from the NAVY... i would think that NOAA would send a flight out there tomorrow or wednesday, maybe as a test flight or so.... get some good data before the season really gets agoing, and its so close to land.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center