Cat 5orBust
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu May 31 2007 08:07 PM
Re: Western Caribbean on the Day Before Hurricane Season

certainly an interesting start to a potentially active season. it certainly looks like it is attempting to get its act together. the cloud envelope looks as though it is trying to form some structure. unless it really gets organized i dont think we will see the NHC pull the trigger on a classified system ( depression ) this evening. on the other hand though, if they wait until the aircraft reports back tomorrow they will have to scramble up some potential watches or warnings quickly for logistic reasons ( if it warrants ) as this has the potential to start impacting FL as early as tomorrow night. it will also be interesting to see the next set of model runs because i think that some of the plots take this too far west into the panhandle. i think the flow will push it no further north and west than say the tampa area. too early to tell and obviously we will have a much better handle on this system at some point tomorrow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center