Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Jun 01 2007 03:33 AM
Re: Western Caribbean on the Day Before Hurricane Season

I've added a long-winded (the best kind ) discussion in a new blog entry (see main page or "Met Blogs" on the left sidebar) about this disturbance. The quick summary is that I expect hybrid development with good rains over a broad area from this one. I don't think there's enough there right now to really support tropical development -- though it's not out of the realm of possibility yet that it doesn't get named...all depends on what recon finds in terms of temperatures at the inner core.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. I can't guarantee I'll be able to provide another full update like that, but I'll try to provide shorter updates at later times.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center