Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Fri Jun 01 2007 08:38 PM
now Barry on the Navy site

Well,

I'll do a minor bit of crow eating, as i really didn't expect it to spin up as well as it has. though i think the LLC didn't form until early this morning, and it's still a marginal call, with the very lopsided convection and exposed LLC. But it's better to be safe than sorry with a storm heading to the coast. and particularly one that appears to be stregthening rather than steady state or weakening.

So, now what? I think all bets are off, it could make it to a weak catagory one, but more likely to make it up to about 60 MPH before landfall, simply because it won't have the organization to take advantage of the time it will have. 36 hours maybe till landfall as it's heading north at a steady clip. But even so, it'll be a rain even to florida and hopefully put a damper on the fires that have been burning in south georgia.

Hopefully we'll have another similar storm in a couple of weeks to really kick the drought out for a while.

But take the rain while we can. and that's all this should be.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center