allan
(Weather Master)
Fri Jun 15 2007 02:20 PM
Re: Watching the Northwest Caribbean...

I don't agree with Masters. He's a good meteorologist but needs to really look at the storms before he makes his judgements on them. 94L on the other hand, looks bad this morning BUT recon is a go right now and the main reason for recon still on tabs is to find a center of circulation, not to see if it is a deppression or storm. So soon we will know where the real circualtion is from the Hurricane Hunters. I wasn't trying to bash Masters, it's like wunderground bloggers worship him when most of the time, his predictions are wrong. I think we will see a better looking disturbance tomorrow morning or maybe this evening as i'm seeing convection developing near the real center.

(As noted below, the recon for today has been cancelled - there is simply nothing there worthy of further investigation. I am relieved that you were not trying to bash Dr Masters because most of the time you feel that his predictions are wrong - because otherwise, I'd have to remove your post - and using your same reasoning it would be a violation of site rules for anyone to bash you. The windshear in the basin suggests to me that tropical cyclone development is not likely for at least a week.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center