Ricreig
(User)
Fri Jun 15 2007 12:19 PM
Re: Watching the Northwest Caribbean...

I continue to feel that it is premature to completely write off any disturbance in the area south of Cuba however it is becoming more evident that the feature being tracked between the Yucatan and the area S. of Cuba is failing to develop. It appears the Recon that was scheduled for later today has been canceled for good reason. The latest surface analysis suggests that the two low pressure areas near the Yucatan are dissipating. Satellite still shows some convective activity but not directly associated with the low pressure centers. WV loops show the moisture migrating to the north has regressed somewhat. As there is a tropical wave approaching this area and a weak trough remains, and the SSTs are now high enough to provide energy for some development, I would continue to watch the area but for now I'm not even sure we will even get the badly needed rain I was looking for earlier. It could still happen but my thinking is not this time from this system.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center