LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 15 2007 11:33 PM
Re: Watching the Northwest Caribbean...

The thing here to remember when reading the NHC discussion is to READ them.. and we tend to want to read into them what we think or want to see.

What did they say when they first brought this up officially..

Conditions might be more favorable in 48 hours.
It looked crummy yesterday, diffuse last night and this morning.. oddly it looks better tonight.

You can at least see the spot where the "center" for lack of a better word where the disturbance is vs the rain that keeps getting blown off to the ne. I'd call it more an impulse, anchored there sort of... the water vapor shows it well as does the other shortwave loop. Warning..the visible will make you go blurry eyed if you keep zooming in.

So... I guess we will see tomorrow morning if they were right and if conditions will be more favorable for development.

Good comment on the front page of this board about watching and learning.

Up til the last few hours I would have laughed the possible system off... I think something *might* be happening.

Keep watching..
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/loop-wv.html

Note the frontal boundary there is changing, air currents are changing and I think shear is getting lighter.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center