danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Thu Jul 19 2007 02:38 AM
Attachment
?Inland Low?

That system/ trough has been getting a good bit of my attention.
Around 10am CDT this morning it had a perfect CDO look. Only the western 2/3 of the CDO was onshore.

Tonight the un-enhanced IR is showing some of the nicest striated bands that I've seen in the last few years. ( see my attachment above) Also of note is the quantity of lightning seen in the eastern ( offshore ) semicircle. In the attachment the lightning is the bright bluish-white specks in the RGB enhancement.

I'm also keeping an eye on the circular wave moving through the Lesser Antilles. More out of curiosity than climatology. Large arc type wave moving toward the NW, where most waves would be moving due West.

I'll have to look at the data in that area.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center