Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Aug 01 2007 10:37 PM
Re: Enter August... Two Systems to Watch

A few things on our erstwhile systems. 99L seems to be doing the convection pulse. it's a broad system and looks fairly skeletal, but convection appears to be back on the rise as night falls. The system is heading into the hurricane 'graveyard' so it may not take hold. However if it's classified tomorrow morning then I think it'll start the long trek and be around for a while. If it's not together by then, I doubt it will ever form into an organized system.

the GOM mess (blob) is interesting because the concentration of storms appears to be along the old frontal boundary with the NWS locating a low pressure center just on the tip of Louisiana. It certainly has a decent shot of getting together as the entire cluster of storms is going nowhere fast and appears to have a high pressure aloft to help organize the system rather quickly if conditions persist.

I think the odds 50/50 for each system. maybe better. They both look pretty durn healthy. (of course I still may be stuck in 2005 mode)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center